Healthcare providers face many challenges in today’s ever-changing environment. Cost containment, federal regulation, and high liability costs are just the beginning.
You can count on Byrd, Smalley & Adams, P.C. for broad expertise and a thorough understanding of the successful management of your healthcare practice. We’ll work alongside you to maximize cash flow and profitability while continually working to minimize costs.
Byrd, Smalley & Adams, P.C. works with a variety of healthcare providers, including physicians, clinics, dentists, and orthodontists. Our dedicated team of professionals assists our clients with accounting, tax, payroll & employee benefits, practice management, and consulting.
Tax and Accounting
- Bookkeeping and payroll services
- Financial statement audits, reviews, compilations, and preparations
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Federal and State tax returns
- Sales and property tax returns
- Internal controls/process audits
- Benefit plan audits
Physician Practice Services
- Outsourced practice management
- Practice assessment
- Compensation model design
- Strategic planning
- Billing office reviews
- Business valuation/fair market value analysis
The professionals of Byrd, Smalley & Adams, P.C. have a long history of working with licensed and other professional service firms to help them grow their practice, serve their clients, and reach their goals. As a professional services firm our self, we understand the challenges professional service firms face and the responsibilities they have to shareholders, partners, or members. We also recognize the opportunities that exist for growth.
We are committed to providing specialized expertise tailored to meet the specific needs that professional service firms have in successfully managing their practice. Whether it is ownership or partnership issues, succession planning, financial management, payroll, or taxes, the accountants of Byrd, Smalley & Adams P.C. can help move your firm forward.
Our accountants work with a broad range of clients including architects, attorneys, engineers, and consultants; among others. Whether you are a small start-up operation or a larger firm, we provide proactive solutions and resources designed to help you operate more efficiently and effectively.
Tax Compliance and Consulting
- Corporate tax return preparation
- Shareholder tax return preparation
- Individual and corporate tax planning
- State and local tax consulting
- Federal and state tax incentives
- Property tax consulting
- Selection of appropriate entity
Specialized Services for Professional Service Firms
- Accounting and budgetary systems development
- Cash flow management
- Partner compensation services
- Long-range and strategic planning
- Practice valuations
- Succession planning
- Retirement plan administration and design
- Mergers and acquisitions